Volunteer Management Professional Development: http://www.idealist.org/info/VolunteerMgmt/ProfDevelopment
Good Reading Material-Resource List
Online Training Opportunities (*Free)
· Building a Great Volunteer Program - CharityVillage Campus
· Everyone Ready - Energize, Inc.
· *Online Volunteer Training Centre - Sask Sport Inc (For residents of Saskatchewan, Canada only)
· Resource Center: Calendar of Events - The Corporation for National and Community Service
· Training Staff to Succeed with Volunteers: The 55 Minute Series - Betty Stallings, M.S.W.
· Volunteer Management: Attracting and Keeping the Best - Society for Nonprofit Organizations
· *VolunteerMatch Webinars – VolunteerMatch.org
Social Media for Volunteer Managing and More
Are you exploring new and innovative ways to build and sustain your community of volunteers? Curious about social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. – and wondering if it could be an effective way to connect with future and current volunteers?
In this webinar, Jayne Cravens from Coyote Communications and Erin Barnhart from Effective Altruism discuss tips and strategies for effectively using social media to find, communicate with, and build community among volunteers. This webinar, in recognition of National Volunteer Appreciation Week, is ideal for staff at who are interested in exploring how social media and other technologies might be used to strengthen their current volunteer program.
Topics of discussion: